Monday, May 25, 2009

Thinking Of You Card - Color Inspiration Challenge #53


The color combination for Inspiration Challenge #52 @ kwernerdesign's blog was really hard this week, I had to think about it for a long time and all I kept coming up with were 4th of July type ideas with stars. Then yesterday I got 2 new design cards for my Slice (Spring & Words and Expressions) while looking at the design booklets, I came up with the idea for my card. I did not do a video for this one as I have already done 2 videos this weekend. I used my Slice to cut out the chick, umbrella, and the saying. I textured the peices with cuttlebug & sizzix embossing folders, then used glossy accents on the raised surfaces and the words. I wish it showed up better in the picture, the glossy accent made them look shiny & wet. Now back to the rest of my day off - its back to work tomorrow.


click on picture for larger image

Cardstock - American Crafts, Colorbok, Best Occasions (walmart)
Making Memories Slice (Spring, Word & Expressions Cartridges)
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inks
Cloud 9 Design Rain Dots
Micheals Rhinestone Gems
Provocraft Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Ranger Glossy Accents
Stampin' Up 2 Way Glue Pen
ATG

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! That sweet chickie makes want to buy that spring design card... Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete